YourHockey’s Commitment to Privacy
1. What is “Personal Information”?
“Non-identifiable Information” is information that cannot be associated with, or traced back to, a specific person. Non-identifiable information includes: anonymous aggregated information, information about your visits to our Websites which is not linked to you, information about your computer’s operating system and web browser software. Your computer and its operating systems, browsers, and memory contain vast quantities of transaction data and records of your use of it. This information could be gleaned from these systems by outsiders if you do not take steps to protect your system.
2. YourHockey and Third Party Cookies
When you interact with our Websites, we may use a browser feature, known as a “cookie”, to verify information about visitors to our Websites and measure visitor traffic patterns. We do this to maintain the best possible Websites. A cookie is a small computer file. When you first visit our Websites, the Website manager may have implemented a program that creates a small computer file stored on your computer’s hard drive. We ensure that the minimum information required is placed in the cookie only so that we can recognize returning Website visitors. On subsequent visits to the Website, our server communicates with your computer, reads the cookie, recognizes and confirms that you are a returning visitor. Our server uses this information to provide you with a “short cut” that facilitates the quickest, most efficient and best possible Website experience.
Cookies used by YourHockey and third parties may use the information collected to serve you with targeted advertising, both through our Website and other websites, email, online services, or mobile applications.
Most browser software allow you to delete cookies. This may interfere with our ability to personalize your experience at our Websites and be recognized, and may slow down or otherwise negatively affect Website performance.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information in the following circumstances:
• When you join a club or become a member through this Website, by regular mail, or by using SMS text messaging;
• When you enter a contest or other promotion through this Website, by regular mail, by phone, or by using SMS text messaging;
• When you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter(s);
• When you respond to online questionnaires;
• When you participate in interactive online activities (including games, chatrooms or bulletin boards); or
• When you contact us to make requests or comment on our services.
YourHockey may use your Personal Information for many different reasons in order to provide you with our products and services, including but not limited to:
• To deliver you products and services you have requested from us;
• To better understand your needs and make offerings from YourHockey and our agents, related companies, or trusted third parties;
• To better tailor the products or services you receive from YourHockey;
• To gather and analyze data, administer surveys or questionnaires, or request feedback for improving YourHockey services and manage your relationship with us;
• In the event of a YourHockey business transition or transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, financing, investment, support or funding, sharing or sale of a portion of YourHockey’s assets, your information may be among the assets shared or transferred;
• To confirm or authenticate your identity, including ensuring your Personal Information is correct and up to date;
• To comply with legal obligations or other regulatory requirements.
This Website may include links to third party websites. These third parties may have separate and independent privacy policies. Any personal information you share with these third parties through their websites may be administered under their privacy policies. YourHockey has no control over third party privacy policies and therefore has no responsibility or liability for the manner in which third parties may collect, use or disclose and otherwise treat your personal information.
4. Privacy of Children
5. Other Online Activities
When you visit our Websites and participate in other online activities, we may collect information such as your name, nickname, age category, preferences, opinions, etc.
Whether or not you are required to become a member of the Website to participate in these activities, we always comply with the principles stated in the subsection above with respect to clubs or memberships.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
Unless we have obtained your consent to do so, we will not disclose your Personal Information to organizations outside YourHockey unless required by law. We use your Personal Information for the purposes set out herein. We may transfer information to third parties who need such Personal Information to provide services on behalf of YourHockey. Any such service providers are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of such transferred Personal Information and are prohibited from using the Personal Information for any other purpose. Your consent to our use of Personal Information can be withdrawn at any time by following the directions at the end of this policy. We will obtain your consent before using your Personal Information for any purpose other than for which it was originally obtained. Once your Personal Information is no longer required for its originally intended purpose, it will be deleted.
7. Security and Safeguards
We know how important privacy is to you. That is why we protect and safeguard your Personal Information. Our security policies govern the protection of the information on our information systems, the way we protect our Websites from malicious attack, and the way in which we dispose of information no longer needed. We screen and train our employees carefully to ensure that they will always have the highest regard for you and your privacy, and we restrict access to your Personal Information to only those with a need to know. Personal Information may be stored or processed in or outside of Canada. The information will be protected with appropriate safeguards, but may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is held or processed.
We make best efforts to keep our servers in a safe environment and protect our information technology infrastructure from abuse. Security on the Internet is a continuously evolving problem and we work to keep up with the latest trends. If you receive any electronic communication which purports to be from a member of YourHockey that you have any questions or concerns about, please contact us. Spam, improper use, and pirating of domain names and email addresses is a growing problem, so we appreciate hearing about incidents in order that we may investigate them and provide you the best customer service.